Friday, February 10, 2006

The "New" Detroit

With the Super Bowl long gone, everyone has the question of weather or not Detroit will stay glamorous or will it go back to rags at the stroke of midnight. I visited Downtown Detroit recently and was amazed. You would've thought that you were in Las Vegas with all of the lights and crowds of people. I had a wonderful time. Most people feel that "the city" was just putting on a "front" for tourists and guests because of the bad image that the media has portrayed about Detroit. But I feel that Detroit did an excellent job at hosting the Super Bowl. When I visited the newly renovated Downtown Detroit I felt like a kid in a candy store. I'm glad that I waited until the crowds died down so that I could get the full effect and see the newly referbished masterpiece. Its probably the cleanest I've ever scene even though I don't go down there often. Since the remodeling I plan to visit more frequently and make myself a part of Detroit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home