Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Pain In The Road


The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) is investing approximately $30 million to construct a new interchange on I-96 at 36th Street in Kent County. The project also includes the reconstruction of 2.1 miles of I-96, drainage improvements and detention basins, retaining walls, wetlands, traffic signals, signing, and pavement markings.
Benefits:The construction of this interchange will serve motorists for many years to come. The construction of this interchange will improve access to the airport and help alleviate traffic and congestion on other state and local roads.
Time span:April 2005 to October 2006
It is a big hassle commuting back and forth to school everyday. Luckily, I have reliable transportation. With the winter trying to come to an end the streets are terrible. There are potholes out there bigger than my car tires. That can cause major damageto your car. The traffic in the morning is also trerribile. My class doesn't start until 8:30 a.m and I leave my house at 8:00. I think that the major cause of traffic jams is roadway construction. Most people don't understand that if you are aware of the constructionand slow down at constrction routes accidents won'e be caused and traffic can move more effectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home